![[50082776157_a83be51921_o.png.webp]] > The Last of Us 2 photo mode tips & tricks thread: > > Let’s start with a simple portrait. This particular room/spot has a nice, soft, bloomy light. Finding good lights & shadows make about 95% of your shot. This thread can hopefully help you with the remaining 5%. > > Petri Levälahti via [Twitter](https://twitter.com/Berduu/status/1279834338482368513) [Levälahti takes dope video game screenshots](https://www.berdu.org/thelastofus2). I initially mistook their work for that of [Dead End Thrills](http://deadendthrills.com/). Artists like this make me forget that these shots are from video games, which showcases just how fantastic and talented the studio artists, animators, modelers, and everyone involved is at their jobs. > Ellie brought up a good point in the previous tweet: idle animations. These are animations your character does over time when you don’t control her. This game has tons of good ones. Observe your allies as well! > > [09/20](https://twitter.com/Berduu/status/1279838533109325824) Idle animations are to thank for the screenshot at the top of this post. > Noir filter at 100% is almost a cheat code for decent shots. I mostly use it at 40-60% for a more desaturated look. I sometimes use other filters, but very rarely. > > [10/20](https://twitter.com/Berduu/status/1279839224720736268) I have been fiddling with photo mode during my second play-through. I’ve linked some screenshots I’ve taken below, which contain some spoilers. [[img_1177.jpg|Noir]] [[img_1179.jpg|mode]] is a cheat code.