Welcome to Chapter Select Season Five!
Logan Moore brings Max Roberts under Capcom’s horror umbrella and guides him through this nightmarish franchise. Have over 25 years of innovation and reinvention turned this survival horror series into a husk of a corpse or kept gamers on the edge of their seats? Clear out your inventory. Turn off the lights.
It’s time for…Resident Evil!
Apple Podcasts – Overcast – RSS Feed – Spotify – YouTube
For the season’s structure, Logan and I sat down and custom-tailored the order for Resident Evil. Given the nature of RE-makes, we wove in old and new together based off platform accessibility. Here is the order we have for Season 5:
- Episode 1 – Resident Evil (2002) is releasing on January 11, 2022.
- Episode 2 – Resident Evil 7: Biohazard (2017) is releasing on January 25, 2023.
- Episode 3 – Resident Evil 0 (2002) is releasing February 8, 2023.
- Episode 4 – Resident Evil 2 Remake (2019) is releasing February 22, 2023 with special guest Ricky Frech.
- Episode 5 – Resident Evil 4 (2004) is releasing on March 8, 2023 with special guest Dustin Furman.
- Episode 6 – Resident Evil 3 Remake (2020) is releasing on March 22, 2022.
- Episode 7 – Resident Evil – Code: Veronica X (2000) is releasing on April 5, 2023.
- Episode 8 – Resident Evil Village (2021) is releasing on April 19, 2023 with special guest Michael Ruiz.
- Episode 9 – Resident Evil 5 (2009) is releasing on May 3, 2023.
- Episode 10 – Resident Evil 6 (2012) is releasing on May 17, 2023.
- Episode 11 – Resident Evil 4 Remake (2023) is releasing on May 31, 2023.
I am fairly new to the Resident Evil franchise. I entered the fold with RE7 because of PSVR. When Village hit shelves, I snagged it thanks to expiring credits at Best Buy. I never went beyond dabbling with the series classics, although I have longed for the iconic chainsaw GameCube controller.
In contrast, Logan is a long-time S.T.A.R.S agent, originally getting into the series all on the GameCube. He claims that Resident Evil is up there with Metal Gear Solid.
All of the art this season was generated by the DALL-E 2 AI art generator. We felt there was something eerily ironic about a corporate AI mashing together existing creations for us about a game series where an evil corporation makes zombie bioweapons. You know I’ll be digging in deep to the how to in this season’s Behind the Scenes post later this year.
It’s time for you to make a Jill Sandwich, put on your headphones, and pack up some green herbs for Season 5: Resident Evil! The first episode will be launching next Wednesday – January 11, 2023 – with new episodes following in a fortnightly manner. Subscribe wherever you listen to podcasts!
Apple Podcasts – Castro – Overcast – Pocket Casts – RSS Feed – Spotify – YouTube